[peel] Wild Man Fischer (more)

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Sun Mar 13 14:00:31 CET 2005

Enjoyed your piece - you shouldn't feel so bad, after all Wild Man
Fischer was famous for being eccentric and your article captured that
with quite some sympathy.  Just think what the article would have read
like if it had been penned by Julie Burchill.

Wouldn't be great if there was a revival of interest - if Cream can sell
out the Royal Albert Hall, and see tickets selling on eBAy for �2000
each what price a Wild Man Fischer comeback tour!  By the way you can
listen to the Wild Man Fischer/Rosemary Clooney track on
http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/4033 at 2:10:00 into the programme.
Wierd, but there are some other more interesting (Peel like)
eccentricities elsewhere in the programme. I'm sure he would have played
The Sixths' San Diego Zoo (2:20:00).

There are so many of these stations out there but I just find it hard to
listen a programme which bills itself as featuring "Genre-surfing
tokenism".  And the links are not remotely Peelesque.

John