[peel] Peel Tapes

Alan Ford alan@...
Sat Mar 12 16:22:35 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <rockerq@...>
To: <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: [peel] Peel Tapes

> So sad that so many of those fantastic groups that maybe only burned
bright
> for a couple of 7"s are forgotten now - I think that Peel was more
important
> for bringing those sorts of gems to our attention than all those bands who
made
> it bigger (ie got played on the Evening Session too!)

I was sitting here listening to The Colorblind James Experience's 2nd album
thinking similar sentiments when your email arrived.
Anyone who's heard Marcelle's show from 22nd Feb will know that I'm still a
big CBJE fan and plug their work whenever I can (not that any of it's still
available).
It's hard to believe that it's 18 years since John first played tracks from
their first album.

As for Number One Cup, I wondered if they would have been booked by Mark
Radcliffe, seeing as John was standing in for him.

Cheers

Alan