A funny link to check out ...

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Thu Mar 10 00:08:57 CET 2005

Dear All,

I know, technically, the content of this link should, in principle, rub us music fans up the "wrong way".  However, I've just been reading some of it after being alerted to it by a friend this evening and it's fantastic reading; very funny and skillfully written.

Apologies to all of you who may have seen this before, but I invite you to check out

http://www.freakytrigger.co.uk/hate/

Don't take the page title that seriously ... just enjoy the site for what it is, a piece of fun and an amusing thesis going back around 4-5 years.

On the left of the page you can see a (scrollable) list where you can choose to read the archives of a particular month or (more interestingly) focus the discussion to a particular band/artist.  For example, clicking on "Babes In Toyland" (who I love) will take you to an amusing discussion about the role of "riot grrrls", and clicking on "ZZ Top" (who I dislike intensely!) will take you to a brief theory as to why they went into the music business!  :-)

All good fun and stacks of amusing material to fill those little 5 minute gaps for years to come!  :-)

Best regards to all,
Neil