[peel] Festive 50 'Boxed Sets' on ebay

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Tue Mar 1 10:54:12 CET 2005

Well, one of my early criticisms was that Ras clearly didn't like Grime, since he reluctantly played one and then read out texts and e-mails oevr the first two minutes of it!  However, I think Louise and Hermeet have managed to get Ras to open up a little over the past few weeks.  I even think he might be talking over the music less than he used to!

Neil

Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
I'm enjoying his selection of music, and think that 'urban' music (whatever that is exactly) needs to be reflected in the One Music shows.  When you think of the grief John used to get decades ago for playing 'black' music, and how that music ended up cemented in popular culture some years later, it has to be worth sticking with Raz's choices of music - even if Grime and other new genres aren't quite your thing.  You only had to listen to the Annie Nightingale 'Keeping It Peel' mix by the Digital Mystiks to realise that there's definitely something new to offer from not always listening to guitar-based 'alternative' music (much as I love some of it, of course).

Andy