[peel] Re: we miss john peel - mtv2 europe

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Thu Jun 23 14:01:30 CEST 2005

John once said, "I just want to hear something I haven't heard before".  Well, in your (rather impressive!) collection of 750 Peel shows there's bound to be tons of stuff that many people haven't heard before.  We said a while back on another thread that even old music can be new for someone.  Therefore, what you have in your possession is around 1500 hours (that's 2 months, continuous!) of material that'll be new to lots of people!

colin bray <colinbray@...> wrote:
Along the lines of having time to listen to the old shows...

Something that has bothered me over the years of taping Peel (about 750
shows) is that this is somehow against the spirit of the man himself. Every
year that goes by since a show was taped means that we are listening to
older and older stuff when Peel himself would have largely consigned that to
history and be listening to the latest record by the latest fresh young
things.

Any thoughts?

Colin.

Best regards,