we miss john peel - mtv2 europe

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sun Jun 19 23:58:14 CEST 2005

Much to my chagrin, I missed the first part of this show
last December (a repeat, I don't know how many times it was
broadcast). I did manage to tape the last 2 hrs 12 mins, which
was / is one of the best rock broadcasts ever !
The full show was 4 hours I think.
What I saw was back-to-back videos by :

futureheads - 1980 revisited, great
elastica
blur
roxy music
can - oh yeah - live with a juggler on stage - mind-blowing
joy division - love will - their worst song
smiths
pj harvey
nirvana
white stripes
clinic
autochre
aphex twin
the orb - clouds
klf - a highlight - a car in the desert, with sheep !
bloc party
ikara colt - great
alter ego
kaito - excellent
datsuns
melt banana - weird Japanese, great song & vid
the fall - hit the north - fave vid of all time (joint !)
sonic youth
new order
birthday party
public enemy
capt beefheart - a highlight of course
undertones - kicks
vines

Lets hope mtv2 repeat this on the (sad) anniversary
of John's death - maybe if they got some email
requests ............