[peel] Re: Radio One punk celebration

simon smith moomin@...
Thu Jun 16 19:48:30 CEST 2005

In message <d8s7qr+fm5i@...>, fitfee68 <fitfee68@...>
writes
>...and of course, as somebody famously once told us (who was that!),
>there's either good music or there's bad music. I don't like labelling
>music

Well yes, but what Green Day is, is Power Pop. There's no mistaking it.

I find discussions about how to label Japanese noise like Merzbow quite
fun, because the question is raised whether it's music at all, and if it
isn't, is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe the age of music is
ending.

I don't think JP ever played Merzbow, but apparently Masonna featured in
a live broadcast he did, and they're about the most extreme music I've
ever heard. I wonder what he made of them?

--
simon smith