[peel] Re: Peel tapes

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Sun Jun 12 23:44:45 CEST 2005

Hi Jon
I'm at start of digitising my 500 + Peel tapes to put on my server.
I can start uploading to your site if you wish.
I originally planned to do the FF's 1st but have decided to do them
I've just done a load from 1987.
I've got them in 128 kbps and 48 kbps.
Which do you prefer.
Send details how to upload.
Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Jon
Horne
Sent: 12 June 2005 21:53
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: Peel tapes

Hi Rocker,

Speaking as the human face of one of the various download sites (The Peel
Tapes), I'd
be really grateful for any file sharing you can do, as I'm rapidly running
out of old
tapes to put up. And I agree with you about the random thing.

If you have to buy the tapes, I'll be happy to contribute towards the cost.

And to anyone else reading, The Peel Tapes is up and running again, so
please share
with me and I'll share with the listening world (said he, pretentiously).

Cheers, Jon

http://www.jonhorne.co.uk/jptapes/jptapes.html

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, rockerq@a... wrote:
> I have the capability to transfer reel tapes to CD-r.
>
> If anyone else has hoarded old Peel shows on Reel I'd be interested in
buying
> or borrowing them! I could easily do CD copies as part of the deal - and
> presumably people on this list would have the technology to convert these
into
> MP3s for the various download sites!
>
> Funnily enough I'm more interested in random "normal" shows than the
Festive
> 50s - It's those obscure tracks that he maybe only played once that I like
> hearing!
>
> Cheers!
>
> Rocker

Yahoo! Groups Links