[peel] Re: Rothko

Garry Latham garry_latham@...
Thu Jun 9 20:07:45 CEST 2005

I think Stuart could have started a thread here with who's been on the show in one form or another.

Cool stories

sdmaclean@... wrote:
Ah, some Peel content... not one to brag really but I do have a letter from Peel dated Aug 84, and written during his show, in response by my angst-ridden 16 year old kid  diatribe on his potential sacking from Radio 1, including if I recall that "not everyone loves Kajagoogoo you know, we need Peel" (quite who WE was I cannot fathom, I didn't know anyone else who listened).  I didn't quite know to whom I was even writing the letter, but I shall always treasure the response.

What the hell, since I've started... during the Seattle earthquake of Feb 28 2001 (I live here now), I mailed Peel at show time about it and how weird it was (I'm from Brighton, not too many earthquakes there).  And he didn't pay much attention.  But then word started getting through to the main news dept at the Beeb, and of course Peelie then started asking me to mail him details, ha I was for one afternoon the Seattle news correspondent for the Peel show ;)

OK, I'll shut up now...

Stuart