[peel] Re: Dedicated to John Peel

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Sat Jun 4 18:02:41 CEST 2005

Actually, that dedication appears on all three formats of the single, and both sides of the 7 inch.

Classic record, deserves to be known all over the globe.  Great, insightful lyrics too.

Andy

spinnerx15 <spinnerx15@...> wrote:
The B-side of the new Amsterdam single is dedicated "to the
memory of the late great John Peel 1939-2204...without whom..."
The A-side is "Does This Train Stop on Merseyside?" which Peel
played as a demo and which he loved so much it brought him to
tears. He remarked that the song "reminded him of the kind of
songs Pete Wylie used to do." The B-side of the Amsterdam
single is called "God Bless Pete Wylie." And is a lovely song as
well.

---John

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Marcelle van Hoof
<mar.celle@p...> wrote:
> Dear all, a couple of months ago I asked for help in findingnew
records/cd's having a dedication to John Peel on the sleeve. In
the near future I want to do an Anothert Nice Mess special with
only ''dedicated tro John peel'' music in it. Has anyone of you
come across any new records/cd's with a dedication to John?
(The latest one I found is the new Herman Dune album (Not On
Top), which has the line 'We will miss John Peel' on the sleeve.