Trout Mask Replica - What an Original Stink !

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Thu Jun 2 18:41:17 CEST 2005

I bought this in 81 'cause of all the hype I'd read in the likes
of the NME. Couldn't believe how bad it sounded - cacophonous like
they couldn't play properly, and some of the vocals sounded like
a shack-man from Arkansas ! I did like "Moonlight ..." and "Dachau
Blues". Since then I've grown to like it a lot more but I still
think its overrated. Matt Groenig (Simpsons) also hated it at first
but now its his fave album of all time .........

Best spoken bit : "A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is ...."
                   Fast and Bulbous"

Going to see Beck tomorrow in Manchester - any good pubs near the
Apollo (I am over 35, ha ha) ??

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "McKINNON Dougal" <d.mckinnon@s...>