[peel] Serious message

cannon alan ajcauk@...
Thu Jul 7 23:40:15 CEST 2005

Yesterday i was thinking i was so glad i didnt live in
London any more with the Olympics coming. I spent 27
years living in London, a few years in a street behind
Tavistock Square. I've had some close calls. So far as
i know so far none of mine have caught any but i cant
help but remember the shock, when i heard six months
after the event, that Ivan, even though i didn't know
him that well, had died in the King's Cross tube fire.
He was involved in the Mutoid Waste Company. He was
with friends and they were getting off at Russell
Square. Ivan got off at King's Cross to get some chips
and walk the rest of the way and was engulfed by the
fire.
  This morning when it was happening i was sat in the
doctors reading the paper thinking i was glad i didn't
share a birthday with George Bush. I managed to have a
pleasant day and didn't hear the news until 6pm. This
is one birthday i wont forget in a while.
alanjc

---------------------------------
Thanks Neil and Garry. Glad all is OK with you. I
spent all my life in
London up to 18 months ago and weirdly feel that I
should be living there
again at the moment - strange eh?

Best wishes to all on this board that live in London
and hope you are
keeping well.

Colin.

>From: Garry Latham <garry_latham@...>
>To: peel@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [peel] Serious message
>Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:31:01 +0100 (BST)
>
>As someone who lives in west London and works in
central London, I'm
>pleased myself, my friends and family are all doing
fine.

>I was worried for a friend of ours this morning as
she lives on Tavistock
>Place. But she is ok, although she was close enough
to hear the blast.

>Myself, I work at St Mary's Hospital, which is
spitting distance from
>Edgware tube station which thankfully I don't have to
go through.

>The upside is that this have been so much worse. We
could have had so many
>more fatalities, and it'll probably the only time
they'll attack us.

>But it is Britain, is takes a lot more to stop us
getting on with our
>lives.
>
>Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>As this morning's terrible events in London come to
light with increasing
>horror I've found myself thinking about things
differently to how I think
>on other days.  Just half an hour ago I looked at the
e-mail addresses in
>my address book and was hit by the fact that each
name in it may represent
>someone going through anguish at this moment.  This
was further brought
>home to me when a friend, one of the names in my
address book, e-mailed me
>and some other friends as a vent of relief having
established contact with
>his girlfriend, who was travelling across London by
tube at the time the
>blasts started to occur.  Hence this e-mail.
>
>I just want to say that I hope you, yourself, are
safe and unharmed, and
>that the people you know and love are also.
>
>Sick and numb about sums up the feeling right now.
>
>With best wishes,
>Neil
>

>Best regards,
>Neil
>www.neiljenkins.org

>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>How much free photo storage do you get? Store your
holiday snaps for FREE
>with Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos

Terms of Service.