[peel] Serious message

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Thu Jul 7 21:17:02 CEST 2005

As with Gary, I live in West London and work in Uxbridge, and thankfully
none of family or friends were affected.
The wife of a colleague in my office works in Old Street and has had to stay
at friends tonight and I ended up giving him a lift to Ruislip station so
that he could to try to catch a bus to Wembley.
Anyway, thanks for your concerns Neil and pray that there will not be any
further attacks.
.
Phil

  -----Original Message-----
  From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Garry
Latham
  Sent: 07 July 2005 19:31
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [peel] Serious message

  As someone who lives in west London and works in central London, I'm
pleased myself, my friends and family are all doing fine.

  I was worried for a friend of ours this morning as she lives on Tavistock
Place. But she is ok, although she was close enough to hear the blast.

  Myself, I work at St Mary's Hospital, which is spitting distance from
Edgware tube station which thankfully I don't have to go through.

  The upside is that this have been so much worse. We could have had so many
more fatalities, and it'll probably the only time they'll attack us.

  But it is Britain, is takes a lot more to stop us getting on with our
lives.

  Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> wrote:
    Dear All,

    As this morning's terrible events in London come to light with
increasing horror I've found myself thinking about things differently to how
I think on other days.  Just half an hour ago I looked at the e-mail
addresses in my address book and was hit by the fact that each name in it
may represent someone going through anguish at this moment.  This was
further brought home to me when a friend, one of the names in my address
book, e-mailed me and some other friends as a vent of relief having
established contact with his girlfriend, who was travelling across London by
tube at the time the blasts started to occur.  Hence this e-mail.

    I just want to say that I hope you, yourself, are safe and unharmed, and
that the people you know and love are also.

    Sick and numb about sums up the feeling right now.

    With best wishes,
    Neil

    Best regards,
    Neil
    www.neiljenkins.org

    Does your mail provider give you access to messages sent to other POP
email accounts, like your work account? Get Yahoo! Mail

Service.