[peel] Ken Garner

Paul Webster paul@...
Fri Jul 1 18:04:28 CEST 2005

A space crept into the direct link
It should be
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/media/g2/onemusic/nottingham/datsuns.ram

It is from a time when Radio 1 went to Nottingham at the end of October
2002.
The text from the Nottingham site says:
"Due to a delayed sound check you can watch the whole of the John Peel
one-on-one session with Mary-Anne Hobbs as well as The Datsuns interviewing
John. WARNING: This session contains some strong language and talk of
willies. You have been warned!"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/nottingham/cafe/webcasts.shtml

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Andrew
Morrison
Sent: 01 July 2005 14:22
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Ken Garner

Rob has asked me to do some disclaimers and idents, as he is using Raz's
disclaimers at the moment.

Intruigingly, he asked me to make them sound "not too similar to John's", so
I'm going to try something a bit different this time - although i'm not sure
what exactly yet.  There's definitely going to be an announcement for the
beginning of his show, that will feature my voice over the top of a segue of
sound effects featuring someone... (wait for it)...  Robbing... A... Bank!
It features glass breaking, the woman at the counter screaming, cash being
counted, as well as the exciting p olice pursuit with hand gun fire.  All
packed into just a few seconds.

Yes, I have nothing better to do.

Incidentally, I've been spending a lazy afternoon having a couple of lagers
while browsing the web.  Nice to see that Radio 1's site still has all the
content about John and his shows still online.  Interestingly, if you visit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/exposed/label_index.shtml and scroll to
the bottom, there's a 90 minute 'One Music' interview of John, in which the
public ask him a variety of quest ions.  I think it's probably a couple of
years old now, but there's some funny anecdotes there.  The direct Real
Audio URL is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/media/g2/one
music/nottingham/datsuns.ram

Andy

Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> wrote:
Ah!!!  So they've finally given in to our requests!!!!  :-)

Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
By the way, a certain Mr Morrison will soon be making a modest return to
'One Music', at the request of a Mr Da Bank...  Stay tuned.

Best regards,
Neil
www.neiljenkins.org

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE
with Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos

Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@...
Website: www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk