[peel] Ken Garner

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Fri Jul 1 16:05:22 CEST 2005

Your Rob Da Bank opener sounds great!  Can't wait to hear it!!!  :-)  And it's BOUND to be infinitely superior to that "Ras" one they use at the moment ... that "urban" girl shouting with the style and attitude of at least a million others her age.  All very dull and predictable.

I'd not seen that OneMusic interview link and will look forward to checking it out the weekend after this one when I'm home in the UK with a not-so-strict firewall!!  :-(

Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
Rob has asked me to do some disclaimers and idents, as he is using Raz's disclaimers at the moment.

Intruigingly, he asked me to make them sound "not too similar to John's", so I'm going to try something a bit different this time - although i'm not sure what exactly yet.  There's definitely going to be an announcement for the beginning of his show, that will feature my voice over the top of a segue of sound effects featuring someone... (wait for it)...  Robbing... A... Bank!  It features glass breaking, the woman at the counter screaming, cash being counted, as well as the exciting police pursuit with hand gun fire.  All packed into just a few seconds.

Yes, I have nothing better to do.

Incidentally, I've been spending a lazy afternoon having a couple of lagers while browsing the web.  Nice to see that Radio 1's site still has all the content about John and his shows still online.  Interestingly, if you visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/exposed/label_index.shtml and scroll to the bottom, there's a 90 minute 'One Music' interview of John, in which the public ask him a variety of questions.  I think it's probably a couple of years old now, but there's some funny anecdotes there.  The direct Real Audio URL is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/media/g2/onemusic/nottingham/datsuns.ram

Andy

Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@...
Website: www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk