RADIO 1 ANNOUNCE REPLACEMENT FOR PEEL SLOT

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Tue Jan 11 16:41:02 CET 2005

First thing is to check out the news of Radio 1's replacement
Programming.

Whether or not they have done the right thing in covering the Peel
Programme with three D.J.'s remains to be same; though I do wonder if
they have lost the point?

While John had a fine knowledge of a lot of Music, he did not
know it all, and was not ashamed to admit it; after all how many
times did you hear "...well, Listeners, all I can tell you is that is
by a Group/Band called XYZ and apart from the fact it is on a White
Label, not much else...".

The other factor they may have fallen down on is this "branding"
business. "One Music"? Why not just "Keep It Peel"? I am about to
launch my on Computer Business, for which I need and have a brand,
yes it is important to me that my Clients know I am in the Computer
Business, but the important factor about Peel was apart from the fact
he was about Music, that's ALL you knew. The P.R. seems a little too
smooth for my liking; also little to no mention of Louise, Hermeet, &
Mark; and will the dreaded Playlist be involved?

If it is the unknown and unheard three nights per week from three
enthusiastic D.J.'s then Well Done Radio 1! We can but wait and hear.