RADIO 1 ANNOUNCE REPLACEMENT FOR PEEL SLOT

dj_oldwood dj_oldwood@...
Tue Jan 11 12:24:35 CET 2005

Well, I suppose we just have to to give these new people a chance.
Like most I only know of Rob Da Bank and am actually quite hopeful of
him, whilst he's never going to follow a Shitmat 12" with 30s gospel,
I did read that he'd found hosting the "Peel show" broadened his
music taste a lot so we can at least hope for more than the usual one-
dimensional dance programmes on radio.

Someone said we shouldn't worry about new bands being aired ... not
sure I agree, would anyone else on the radio have played Steveless
for example?  It's not the bands that will be popular that are the
issue, it's those who may never ever do more than one or two great
tracks before fading into obscurity.  My record collection's got
loads of them, nearly all due to John playing them of course.

Still, let's give these new three a chance to prove us doubters
wrong, I hope they do.

Steve