[peel] RADIO 1 ANNOUNCE REPLACEMENT FOR PEEL SLOT

Eurich, Bruno brunoe@...
Mon Jan 10 19:09:56 CET 2005

I feel that this is a real opportunity that's been missed by R1 - quite surprisingly so considering that they must have known that a lot of ppl would be looking for something progressive - but it appears sadly that they've just gone down the brain-dead pigeon-hole route.

I'm just going to listen to the netcast of my favourite college radio station in California, which rather blew my mind when I discovered it by accident while I was over there. I've already posted the link to the PeelFM Yahoo group but thought others on this list might be interested.
They're doing a Peel tribute show soon - will post the date when I get it.

http://www.kfjc.org/

"It's all about the Music

Listen Up

If we are your favorite station all of the time, something has gone terribly wrong.

KFJC's target audience may not exist. Soundtracks, reggae, poetry, hip-hop, surf, bluegrass, noise, talk, beats, rock, western, electronics, punk, jazz, metal, drone, blues, experimental, dub, etc.,etc. Who listens to such mind boggling variety?

People who love to say to themselves: "What the Hell did I just hear?" Their ears are attached to brains that focus on music for the sake of music - and the art of handmade live radio.

KFJC is homebrewed freeform radio fortified weekly with new sound and forgotten music injections. Each DJ brings their own sonic experience, segue-way philosophy and unique record-bag of tricks.

Everything played or not played, said or not said is fully manifested by the on-air jocks. No hype, no industry games, no product - just an eternal hunt for the inspired, creative, rare and free.

Thank you."

http://www.wfmu.org/ is also good on the East coast.

--
Bruno