[peel] Festive 50 'Boxed Sets' on ebay

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Sun Feb 27 16:39:39 CET 2005

Talking of Listen With Sarah, she has a new track at her website that I'm sure Peely would have played, as it features him (and some profuse swearing).  Sarah had started it before his death, but I'm positive this would have got a play: http://freespace.virgin.net/sarah.peter.nelson/Listen_With_Sarah_Cuntry_Music_Peeled.mp3 - it's entitled "DUELLING DJs - PEEL vs HARRIS (Cuntry Music)", and features vocals by John Peel, Bob Harris, Peter Cook & Dudley Moore.  pointless, but fun.

As for the new shows, I'm enjoying them all, as a collective whole.  We can't expect each individual DJ to have the wealth of knowledge John did, but I'm still getting a modest list of singles and albums to track down as a result of listening to all three shows.  Quite enjoying Raz's show, as it veers away from the guitar-based music (John didn't always just stick to guitar bands, as we all know).  These guys aren't here to reproduce John's output, but I'm finding enough interesting (and most importantly, new) stuff to keep me listening.

Andrew Morrison (30) Portsmouth

Regards,
Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@...
Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: festive50@...
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [peel] Festive 50 'Boxed Sets' on ebay

So it's official then, I AM a REAL Peel/Music fan then. LOL
Had an e-mail from "Listen With Sarah" tonight who's put a link on her
website for my Peel (& now "Another Nice Mess") erver.
As I keep saying, If you really are missing Peel then give Marcelle's show
a listen. It's the closest we'll ever get to Peel until Huw & RDB have
completed their apprenticeship. Last night's show featured an X-Ray Specs
track followed by Kid 606 with a sample from X-Ray Specs.
Go on, give it a whirl, I know you're dying to.
Phil

> If he/she was a REAL Peel/Music fan they'd be offering them for free!

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor