[peel] Re: Festive 50 'Boxed Sets' on ebay

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Fri Feb 25 19:34:51 CET 2005

In my view the copyright holders and big record companies are never going to
release stuff like this (entire festive 50s).

If tracks are unavailable then compilations like these may give record
companies a kick up the arse as to the fact that there is demand for the stuff.

For tracks that are available, these CDs will often act as publicity - if you
hear and like a track on your dodgy CDr (no doubt mastered from an 80s
cassette of the original radio broadcast) then you are likely to seek out the shiny
new jewelcased and sleeved CD in your local Woolworths!

It would be interesting to hear the views of any copyright holders on this
list, I for one am quite happy for stuff I've been involved with to be released
in this way - many of these tracks are not exactly on the radio every day, so
potentially people who buy these things are going to hear a lot of stuff they
may never otherwise get to hear.

Cheers!

Rocker