DJ Riko

candyskinn@... candyskinn@...
Fri Dec 30 18:46:16 CET 2005

For anyone who heard Whistlers Delight on the FF and hasn't yet checked out
DJ Riko's website, it's at _http://www.djriko.org/html/tunes.html_
(http://www.djriko.org/html/tunes.html)

The original version of Whistlers Delight has been up there for about 18
months, I think. I still can't decide if I love it or hate it (which I think
John Peel once said was the mark of a great tune...)

What are very definitely worth having are Mr (or Ms, I suppose it  could be)
Riko's near-legendary Christmas mixes, which have soundtracked  our family
trips up to Aberdeenshire for the last 3 years. Perhaps the feller  who posted on
here recently who knows Riko could pass on our best wishes to the  great man
(or woman).

And if anyone has a recording of pt 1 of the FF, could they possibly  contact
me off list? Yet again, for reasons too dull to relate, but involving an
unhealthy combination of alcohol, severe weather conditions and over-excited
toddlers, I made a hash of it...

Cheers, and general good vibes for the new year to one and all

>   I know the people behind the track that reached  number 15 in the F50. DJ
> Riko's Whistler's Delight. A statement that  will mean nothing much to
> those of you who either don't know/can't  stand the song, or have always
> known people who get into the 50 every  other year, or have been in the
> 50 yerself, but...blimey. I really  feel happy for Riko, Richie, Nick,
> and Andy. This is great news for  them (especially Riko, it is his tune
> after all) and has helped  emphasis to me that the F50 is still an
> important  feature.
>
>   So hoorah and Merry Christmas one and  all.

I must admit, I fall into the latter category. It put me in mind  of Jive
Bunny. To me, it seemed like a load of whistling samples  "stitched"
together rather than mixed.
Besides, it didn't include the  greatest whistler, namely Ronnie Ronalde.
Phil