[peel] Pig's Big 78s released

Paul Bryant pbryant98@...
Thu Dec 29 00:22:09 CET 2005

I wonder if some of these choices will be the same as
those on the great John Peel's Archive Things lp
released back in 1971-ish by the BBC... for those who
have not committed the tracklist of this weird
collection to memory, here it is (I finally found
someone who had the lp and made them get it out of
their loft and dub it for me...) He played this stuff
when he did the Night Ride programmes which were in
1969/70 I think

JOHN PEEL�S ARCHIVE THINGS

1. I Know a Little Girl  (Liverpool, England)
2. Zulu Wellington Boot Dance (South Africa)
3. Sunday morning service (Ethiopia)
4. Xylophone (Uganda)
5. Heroic Song (Ethiopia)
6. Fearless Bird (Hong Kong)
7. Live beetle jew�s harp (Papua New Guinea)
8. A friend of sinner�s who died (Nigeria)
9. Cymbalon Dance by Jan Gaspar (Czechoslovakia)
10. The Eternal Voice (Tibet)
11. Uzun Havasipo (Brass Band imitation) by Gerhard
Kammerlander (Austria)
12. Aboriginal Children�s Song (Australia)
13. Nose flute quintet (Malaysia)
14  Batuta (Romania)
15. To our Lady (Georgia)
16. Mbira (South Africa)
17. Hydropercussion ( Malaysia)
18. �Lero� by Khuda Bux Mondrani (Baluchistan,
Pakistan);
19. Berceuse (Germany)
20. Joyous Air (Vietnam)
21  Song (Azerbaijan)