my dream tribute(s)

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Sat Aug 27 22:39:37 CEST 2005

I couldn't agree with you more, Mr Eek-a-Spider-in-my-Bananas.

A repeat of Desert Island Discs (did Peel ever do Radio 3's
Private
Passions?) would certainly be most welcome. My own hope is for the
BBC
to rebroadcast all six Peeling Back The Years programmes from 1987,
the full 45 minutes each. (Today's broadcast of programme #1 was
cut
to less than 30 minutes).

It's infuriating that between 9am on Saturday and 6am on Sunday,
BBC7
will devote nine hours to Peel, but still can't find time to
broadcast
this stuff in full.

This week's Radio Times (page 126) refers to a "raft of TV
programmes scheduled to commemorate him on the first anniversary of
his death", so we shall have to see what late October brings. I'm
hoping for the Arena special from 1980/81-ish.

On a separate note, Margrave of the Marshes (Peel's half-written
autobiography) is to be published on cassette as well as in book
form.
Has anyone heard anything about this? Will it be Sheila reading from
the book, or what?