[peel] Re: Finnish Radio Shows

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Tue Aug 23 14:19:09 CEST 2005

At 11:55 23/08/2005, you wrote:

 >Wasn't the other half more groups with names like 'Stackwaddy' (?) and
 >'Monty's Dirtbucket' (perhaps I made that up). Though in those days he
 >did seem to play a fair amount of stuff he didn't really like, Mike
 >Oldfield and come to mind).

It's a mistake to assume that because Peel didn't like something in 1985 or
1995 he
didn't like it 1975.   One of the main things that separated Peel from
other djs was that
his taste was constantly changing and evolving.  Like many another Mike
Oldfield had
his spell at the cutting edge before he moved to the mainstream and Peel
was a strong
supporter.
There was a hippy phase and a progressive phase before there was a punk phase!

martinw