Footie Thread

fitfee68 fitfee68@...
Sat Apr 16 19:08:12 CEST 2005

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Stuart McHugh <stuart@v...> wrote:

> That sounds as unlikely as, well, anything else on this thread!
> Surely Half Man Half Biscuit were involved (Nevin played at
Tranmere
> of course - BTW, for fans of the "post-punk footballer", he has
been
> DJing on Radio Scotland, and 2 weeks ago interviewed the recently
> reformed-and-split-again-in-the-space-of-2-weeks Cocteau Twins).

  It was around 86-87 back in the time when he was starring for
Chelsea. It was a song I've kept on one of the compilation tapes I
made back then from songs from the show. But I'm a long way from
home at the moment so I can't check who it was by. Another song I
remember was connected to the Leyton Orient fanzine (the Leyton
Orienteer?) and was called 'Cooperman' - it was about their much
ridiculed striker who was unsurprisingly named Mark Cooper. It
sticks in the mind because he was at my local team Gillingham,
before Leyton Orient.
             ATB, Chris Stephens.