Peel on the Mark Radcliffe show

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Tue Apr 12 13:01:14 CEST 2005

Hello everyone.

I've been a subscriber for a while but this is my first post. I started listening to Peel in 1989. I also became a regular visitor to his Tuesday night chat room last year, with this ID. I still visit the chat rooms of his replacements, but it's just not the same.

Anyway, people may remember that Peel stood in for Mark Radcliffe a couple of times in the mid-90s, when Radcliffe had the 10 - midnight slot on Radio 1. This must have been when the Peel show was at the weekend. I remember one occasion when I think the poet Simon Armitage was also on the show, and it was hysterically funny. Does anyone have a recording of this? I've got a few Peel things to trade - still sorting out my bits and pieces at the moment.

Dr Mango