Peel's 40th Birthday Show

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Fri Apr 1 21:08:32 CEST 2005

No, Graham, you didn't dream it up. I remember Peel doing a special
40th birthday show, although I remember him saying specifically that
the 40 tracks were not necessarily his all-time favourites, just
records he wanted to hear on his 40th birthday. I remember the tracks
included Mike Hart's Almost Liverpool 8, Gene Vincent's Race With The
Devil and the Undertones' Jimmy Jimmy.

As regards the hyper-inflationary In Session Tonight, it's worth
noting that the book was published some twelve years ago. One hopes
that Ken Garner and/or the BBC will at some stage consider publishing
an updated book, taking in everything broadcast up to October 2004.

Finally, on the subject of first gig attended, mine was Showaddywaddy
at Batley Variety Club in 1976. I can feel my last vestige of
credibility evaporate even as I type the words . . .