[peel] Digest Number 829

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sun Oct 31 13:20:29 CET 2004

>It would be nice to see someone be bothered to get over the contractual
>difficulties involved and release some of Peels shows as records - a
>Peelenium Box Set, Some Festive Fifties (the All Time FF maybe), His
>'Records that Santa Claus Forgot' show, Janice and John in Japan, his
>Birthday specials, the list of 'specials' and showcase programs and a decent
>archieve, inevitably online, of as many of his shows as possible.

I'm wondering who owns the rights to 'Peel Out in the USA' which was
as the name suggests shows recorded for US consumption, and
syndicated to college radio and the like in the 80s. I think it might
have been sponsored by Doc Marten. There's actually a set on eBay,
sensibly priced, though doubtless it will rise in value like the
wares from the sad individuals who are offering 'rare JP autographs'
and the like. (I have several 'autographs though they\'re really just
his name at the end of notes on F50s and the like... I'd have liked
to have even seen the legendary 'Most Boring Man' rubber stamp!
I also often wonder what happened to the tapes in the notorious Peel
tape chain and if any actually made it all the way across the US!

Stuart