[peel] Re: a modest proposal [long] : in memoriam: alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.peel

Mark newswire@...
Sun Oct 31 02:12:30 CEST 2004

 Well, CK, you will need a suitable newsreader. Xnews is free and very good,
doing binaries and text equally

Then you need a news server that carries binaries and not all of them do.
Most do in the UK, but reading your message header it looks like you are not
in the UK and I don't know who Netvigator are [Your ISP?]

If your ISP doesn't do newsgroups or doesn't carry binaries then you could
look at Terranews, which is sort of free and reputedly very good, or you
could pay for a first class server like Easynews, where they have a
retention of 90 days or so.

If you are thinking of paying, think in the range of $10 for a decent feed.

Lastly,  my apologies to the rest of the group for meandering off topic.