Irreplaceable

Jon vicarage@...
Thu Oct 28 23:55:12 CEST 2004

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "diamondgeeezer" <diamondgeeezer@y...>
wrote:

> I'm amazed on here that most people are concerned more about Radio
> One's stratergy to 'replace' JP than actually writing about the
mans
> work.Also everyone seems to discuss his recent programmes and
ignore
> his real groundbreaking work of the late 60's and early 70's.

More than a voice coming out of the radio three nights a week for a
great deal of our lives, I'm sure many of us saw him as a best
friend. He was innovative and boundary-breaking from October 1967
right through to October 2004. No compromise. Since he was always
looking to the future and never to the past it seems fitting that we
should be concerned that his legacy of adventure and discovery
should have a continuing place in British music radio culture.

Jon