Peel's Record Collection - British Library?

dj_oldwood dj_oldwood@...
Wed Nov 17 13:06:18 CET 2004

I've seen some mentions in the press that an American radio company
had bid for his collection, which (a) is unpleasantly quick off the
mark and (b) it would be a sad business if they left the UK.

I've also seen John wanted to leave them to the nation via the
British Library.  I hope this happens as, in future centuries, in the
same ay was now people can see orginal manuscripts of old music and
writing, someone could be able to ask to hear the Desperate Bicycles
7"s from the 70s and be able to say "so this is how music sounded
then!"

What I didn't know though is the British Library
(http://www.bl.uk/collections/sound-archive/pop.html) already has an
archive of John Peel sessions on tape which anyone can request to
hear!