Funeral

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Sun Nov 14 02:23:10 CET 2004

Hi Phil, Tom, & Marcel,

I just wanted to say how nice it was meeting up with Phil and Tom
yesterday, albeit I wish it could have been under more pleasureable
circumstances. I am sorry I missed you Marcel.

The Service was beautiful and a great Honour to The Great Man; I had
sniffles through most of it, but on hearing his voice, Grinderswitch,
and then The Undertones, the floodgates opened - as did everyone
elses.

I was so glad I attended, and should like to publicly thank Alan for
driving me there and back - especially as it was arranged at the last
minute (0100 hours-ish on the Friday) and I don't think I would have
been in any fit state to drive back afterwards anyway.

I have E-Mailed you off-list anyway Phil, but was sort of glad not to
get invited to the Wake, as I was just "another" devoted Listener and
think I/we would have felt quite isolated, but it must have been an
experience.

I am glad the the public show of love, sympathy, and support have
cheered Sheila and the children up a bit too.

Would still like to meet up with you all again, if you're interested.

Take care.

Nathan.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Edwards" <festive50@b...> wrote:
> Hi Marcelle
> Only just got back from Bury with Tom. Before we left, we went back
the
> Cathedral to see the flowers. Amazingly they were all still there.
> We then stopped by John's grave; it was in a truly beautiful
setting, at the
> back of the churchyard in front of a low wall. All this was
overlooking
> fields, with trees at back behind which, according to Tom was Peel
Acres.
> It was lovely meeting up with you yesterday. It was funny how Tom
got
> chatting to you.
> Do you know what time the wake went on till? We looked for you to
say
> goodbye. We left at 7 pm. It was so cold in that barn. I wish,
I'd
stayed
> now.
> It was nice to see that the great man got a good send off.
> Phil
> Can you send me that link to your Internet radio and what was the
name of
> your band?
> Hope you got back safely.

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129878orr/M=298184.5584357.6650215.300117