Peeling Back The Years

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Mon Nov 1 20:11:32 CET 2004

I listened last night to Andy Kershaw's excellent tribute to Peel on
Radio 3. Unless I'm mistaken, most of the clips of John in
conversation were taken from a brief series of shows called Peeling
Back The Years which were broadcast on Radio 1 on Saturday
afternoons in the late eighties. The shows basically consisted of
Peel chatting at some length to John Walters about his life, his
career in radio and the music he loved. It really was fascinating
stuff - does anyone else remember it?

Anyway, if this series has indeed survived in the archives, one
would hope that the BBC can air it again in full.