[peel] More thoughts

robfleay@... robfleay@...
Mon Nov 1 15:08:14 CET 2004

Thanks to everyone for the great posts/links to old interviews articles and obituaries. It really is astonishing how much love, respect and genuine grief has been expressed since John's passing

Unfortunately this seems to have upset the moronic & odious Tony Parsons - whose column in the Daily Mirror today I had the misfortune of reading at a colleague's desk. His barely disguised envy that a media figure could be so universally loved manifests itself in the claim that "Tony Blackburn was a better DJ". Pathetic really. I guess his "job" is to offer controversial opinions but this really was the most disrespectful thing i've ever read. The Mirror was (I think) the only daily that DIDN'T mention John's death on the front page on Wednesday morning and the fact the editor saw fit to run this piece from Parsons really cements its place as "most worthless tabloid in the UK"