Morrissey-Marr

Jon vicarage@...
Fri May 21 13:53:19 CEST 2004

I think that was just a throwaway joke about Johnny Marr ... don't
think anyone would deny that Morrissey is a quite unique songwriter.
The new stuff sounds fantastic.

He is, however, a big self-important ponce. And nobody likes a ponce,
now do they?

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Michael Gilham <parkrow1@y...> wrote:
> I am not writing to justify Mozza's actions.  And I think Marr's
work in the Smiths was wonderful.  However, it's utterly ludicrous to
imply that Morrissey is a "no-talent."
> Indeed, since The Smiths split, it is Steven that has produced the
most relevant body of work.

> Aside from some of Marr's work w/ Matt Johnson and the earlier
Electronic stuff; sadly, he's become almost irrelevant.  If you've not
heard Johnny Marr and The Healers, and find fault with this last
statement, please reserve judgement until you have done.