[peel] Dull-ish Festive Fifty - it's still a throwback!

markbursa@... markbursa@...
Thu Jan 8 01:00:43 CET 2004

> >>Am I a youth, sir, at the age of 41, since The Fall was most beloved of
> me through the years 1978 to '88, and yet now I spurn the alcohol-dulled
> drench of their music and its sodden wife-beating progenitor, Mark E
> Smith?<<

Suggest you go and see them at your earliest convenience. MES looked pretty
un-dulled and his new wife Elena (on the keyboards, of course) looked
completely unbeaten. On sparkling form right now, and even playing the odd oldie
(Middle Mass, Mere Pseud Mag Ed, I Am Damo Suzuki etc). And while you're at it,
young whippersnapper, buy the new album and 2000's The Unuterable too.

Mark (43, who's witnessed the Fall in four separate decades, somewhat
alarmingly!)