Festive 50

diane farley dianef84@...
Mon Jan 5 16:54:28 CET 2004

Well, it's me... and on the whole I think the Festive 50 was definitely a
good one this year but think I might have been proved right about the
Immortal Lee County Killers because NOT ONE of their songs made it which is
a shame because their live set earlier in the year was definitely one of my
Peel highlights and probably over the year with the albums and sessions the
vote across songs was probably too spread out to get any one in the fifty.
And though I was accused of geremandering?? it's a shame that there couldn't
have been a consensus of two tracks say that could have been voted for. Or
perhaps I am just a soppy fan...

Anyway, it was good to hear good songs from new bands such as Futureheads,
M.A.S.S. and Black Keys in there and lots of other good stuff making it
[with the sad ommission of ILCK] one of the best Festive 50s for a long time

D x