Keep It Peel bittorrent

Dave Chapman dave@...
Sun Dec 19 02:49:20 CET 2004

I recorded the whole 8 hours of Keep it Peel (the "official" 6 hours,
plus Annie Nightingale), and am currently sharing it via bittorrent.

It's available here:

http://oink.me.uk/details.php?id=24349

You will have to register on that site, but as their email server is
currently broken, you don't get sent a confirmation email.

I've split the long 8 hour recording into 7 equal parts, each one small
enough to be burnt to CD if you want.  I've also include "cue files",
which most CD burning software can use to write the track marks on the
CD, and the "foobar2000" audio player can do the same thing when you
play the file on your PC.

Total download size is a little under 700MB - it's recorded from digital
radio (satellite), and consists of the original "MP2" data.  So the
quality is excellent - listening to this recording is exactly the same
quality as listening to live digital satellite radio.

Hope this is useful to someone - I haven't seen bittorrent mentioned on
this list very much.

If you haven't used bittorrent before, a good place to start is here:

http://dessent.net/btfaq/

Dave.