Am I Expecting Too Much?!

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Fri Dec 17 05:28:22 CET 2004

O.K. Look, I'm quite aware that there will have been people who
didn't like either John or his Music or, for that matter, BOTH.

Including the ordinary Public and Radio One Colleagues.

However, after listening to the Tribute until 0300 hours, I listened
to One Click, which was really off the wall material, as I said in my
review...then we got to Nemone on the Early Show, so I thought I
would listen to see what she said about the previous night's
Programming.

It's interesting after listening to that much Programming and John's
own voice, just how crap others sound. Nemone was very "Smashey "n"
Nicey", "...can't wait until Xmas, I'm getting so excited..opening
another gggreeeeaatttt page of the Radio 1 Advent Calendar this
morning...",etc., you get the picture.

Anyway, had to listen to a couple of appalling records, then the
dire "Musical" content of the Show - Eminem, Lemarr, etc. - but was
there one word to say what a great night it was last night, or well
done to everyone involved with such a Programme? Not a word.

Over 8 hours of quality Music Presentation and Programming didn't get
a word of thanks or credit from a Presenter just separated by one
Programme - to be fair she may have said something after I closed
Real Player down, but I listened for a good 15 minutes...I wonder if
Nemone will still be on Radio 1 in 37 years time?

Maybe, I'm expecting too much?

Keep It Peel. Goodnight.