[peel] Keep it Peel at Maida Vale

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Sun Dec 12 17:27:11 CET 2004

I've been invited to attend with one other by Louise, and am quite surprised and honoured to get an invite - especially when you consider they've not given away places on the show.  My family, friends and I were going to meet Mr Peel on the 22nd December at the Maida Vale Xmas Techno Night (which I now assume is cancelled) after we became (very) minor cult heroes doing those disclaimers.  It'll just be my girlfriend and I going this week, however.  Really looking forward to it, although I'm not sure what sort of atmosphere we can expect there (won't be too "jolly" I'd imagine).

I went to see Melys play live on John's show back in June 2001, and as others have said here no-one seemed bothered when I took photos.  Won't be taking a camera this week, as I want to enjoy the night for what it is, rather than be worrying about whether I should take pictures of particular acts - they'll be photos online anyway, no doubt.

How did you manage to get your invite, Phil?  Keep an eye out for me on Thursday - I'm a 6'2" skinny skinhead, with Harry Potter-esque round glasses (very difficult to miss, in other words).

Oh, and as someone has already said, The Aphrodisiacs album is, indeed, a corker.

Regards,
Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@...
Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: festive50@blueyonder.co.uk
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 9:03 PM
Subject: [peel] Keep it Peel at Maida Vale

Has anyone on list been to any of the sessions at Maida Vale?
Somehow, by sheer fluke, I've got an invite to the Keep it Peel gig and in
invite it says "Security have asked us to remind you that cameras are not
allowed inside the venue".
Is this a strict rule and are camera phones allowed, or do they frisk you
for them?
Also, only just discovered, it's being shown on BBC4 live.
Phil