[peel] So you guys know everything, some more

Maureen mozy@...
Tue Nov 25 07:30:37 CET 2003

> Tom The Clueless Yank here... sounds like a good name for a children's
program by the way...

> So what can anyone tell me about the theme song to THE OFFICE which has
just finished it's 2nd season run here? Is the song specifically recorded
for the show or is it some old chestnut?

> A co-worker was trying to tell me it was Rod Stewart - not to worry I
pushed him out the window into traffic - but to me it sounds exactly like
Roger Chapman and/or Family. But in credits it is listed as being by some
bloke I've not heard of (and whom I cant remember at this moment.)

> I guess my question is is it an old Family track...?

Afraid to disappoint but The Office uses the version of Handbags and
Gladrags recorded by the Stereophonics. It was written by Mike D'Abo (who
was in Manfred Mann) and Chris Farlowe covered it too.

Maureen