[peel] Festive 50 - Immortal Lee County Killers

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Sun Nov 16 01:22:32 CET 2003

At 22:47 15/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
 >I don't think people understood what I was asking.
 >I thought that the Immortal Lee County Killers live at Maida Vale was one of
 >the highlights of the year and rather than everybody voting for different
 >tracks it would be good if we were all in sync about what one track to vote
 >for from THAT SESSION ...

No - I don't think it would be good.  What would be good would be if people
voted for the tracks they personally prefer regardless of what anyone else does
That is the spirit of the Festive 50 and what happened in its earlier years
This produces a result that has some value unlike in sync voting which does
not.
If there are 5 people on this list who want to vote for different ILCK live
tracks
that's how it should be - if they then all voted for the same track regardless
of their personal favourite that would be a  false result.  It may be only
a small effect
when compared with some of the fan club voting that has gone on but it's not
different in principle.    So what I say is let's this year all vote for
what we personally
prefer without consultation with each other
Like I said it's probably naive to expect people to do this but I would
like to think
that Peel listeners are independent minded enough.  I'm probably wrong !