MBA and MB

Tom Roche troche@...
Sat Nov 8 21:17:00 CET 2003

On the subject of further pathetic requests... It would be so nice for those of us "stateside," i.e. Yankees, if Miss Black America has or had a US label. I am enough of a musical bottom feeder that I cannot bring myself to pay import prices for anything. Not being filthy rich is another factor. So if anyone sees their full length CD at a good discount and/or 2nd hand or get it for me OK and I'll pay you back. Same for Half Man Half Biscuit stuff - no US label for them ever and rare to see their stuff ever at even the trés chic indie shops.

I may have mentioned that I am a video & film editor here in Atlanta, but I may not have mentioned I got into a handshake deal to do a live concert video for Melt Banana. So I set up an all-volunteer 7-camera video shoot when they were here this summer and I am in the thick of editing it right now. A lot of work, a zillion edits - befitting their musical approach of course.

It is turning out a lot better than I expected as it was such a chaotic event w/ some of my cameramen down in the mosh pit holding on for dear life. But the frantic camera shots work well with judicious editing in the context of te musical madness going on.

Pretty intense stuff all in all. Next step is to try to super up some of the lyrics as they fly by. Just who will own it or how it will be distributed is way down the road. More updates later.

I mention this because the songs the songs in their live Peel set last week were played even faster than they were played here, something i didnt think was possible. And when one is in an edit suite sorting out this stuff note by note is endlessly revealing and amazing.

tom