[peel] Re: Sisters of Mercy

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Wed Jun 25 21:56:34 CEST 2003

 >mp3 is good for sampling material and finding out
 >what you like or using it in walkman type of
 >application but the artifacts it creates ontop of
 >the original sound can be pretty bad when you play it
 >through a stereo system.

Matter of personal preference.    I find that Radio 1
from Freeview , sent via an amp to the computer
Line In and recorded as an Mp3 is superior to anything I can
do with tape
It has the additional advantages that it can be edited and copied
without degrading
Obviously the standard of your equipment is a factor as are the cost
savings for blank CD as against blank tape especially if saved as
data files rather than audio files
I am moving away from audio tape nowadays and judging by the stocks
of blank tapes Woolworths now doesn't have so are most other people

martinw