[peel] Re: F50

Jon vicarage@...
Fri Jan 3 19:28:22 CET 2003

On reflection it's probably been the best for a few years - at least,
less songs and bands and that Peel has never played, less big-name
no-hopers like Radiohead, and there is nothing in there that I actually
disapprove of being there. I know it's not entirely the point of it, but
it was pretty representative of the Peel show over the past year. Except
for reggae. Luciano was played to death last year but not a peep in the
fifty. Anyone have any theories why electronica and reggae are always so
badly under-represented compared to the amount Peel plays?

Anyway, I've just compiled a nifty cdr of the ff2002 for someone who
missed it, so if anyone else wants a copy, let me know.

Oh yes, for the person who thought that "identify the beat" was by Mark
Smith of the Fall, it's actually by Marc Smith who as far as I'm aware
is a different person, unless it's Mark E using a (rather obvious)
pseudonym...

Have a lovely

The Rev

http://www.vheissu.freeserve.co.uk/peel