1Xtra

palacese25 nburling@...
Mon Sep 9 14:29:05 CEST 2002

> >Iain means, of course, all Thurs in Sept, but i feel the same,
it's a
> >blummen disgrace, so it is.
>
> He means, of course, Friday - in as much as the Thursday 2200 shows
are
> being moved back by two hours to Friday 0000.

Indeed, me being smart-arse, apologies....

> I understand the BBC's need to promote their new digital-only
service,
> though as much of the target audience ("urban" kids) presumably
don't
> have brand-new digital radios, Sky boxes or broadband in their
rooms, I'm
> not sure how much good a brief airing on analogue FM will do them.

For sure, but how else are they gonna get this stuff to market?
However crap it is, they have to play it somewhere. And the cheaper
the kit becomes, the more people will get it, esp the new BBC-led
digital terriestrial service.

I don't agree with them moving Peel, but it's only for Sept.

Neil