Digest Number 453

spinnerx15 spinnerx15@...
Thu Jan 17 21:26:25 CET 2002

ok, sometimes the drum and bass/techno records do sound awfully
similar (then again, people said the same thing about the wedding
present!). but i like to think that he plays the ones that are a bit
more creative and interesting-sounding than most. for me, it's
usually the "rock" records that sound kind of "blah." but i'm still
pleased that i got to hear them, even if i'm not going to rush out
and try and track down a copy.

...john...

--- In peel@y..., John.Clare@s... wrote:

> Hi all,

love Peel to
> bits but to be honest I only ever really enjoy 2-3 songs per show
(ie. I note
> them down and keep an eye out for them when record shopping). The
only sessions
> I've really enjoyed as a whole recently have been the Smog and Low
sessions.
> Part of the enjoyment of the show for me is the great man himself,
and his
> haphazard DJing!
>
> Even so, I listen religiously because amongst all the (IMHO) crap
he plays there
> are a few gems, which make it worthwhile. He played the God Machine
the other
> night - superb, haven't heard them for years. It's the same reason
I buy NME -