holidays

jdonelkovich spinnerx15@...
Wed Feb 20 16:09:20 CET 2002

I agree that the great man deserves his holiday. It should do wonders
for him. The amount of work that he does is astonishing. If this is
some portent regarding his future at R1, then obviously that would be
very bad news. I did not catch all of last night's program, but I
didn't hear him mention the holiday--though he did mention plans for
the show through 2002, so it seems safe to say that he will at least
see out the year. (I also enjoyed the visit from Mary-Anne Hobbs,
particularly when Peel commented that she looked "beguiling". I still
think that Peel himself would probably choose her to take over the
program, if given the choice)...
I also wanted to thank Tom Roche for posting those photos from Peel
Acres. Really excellent stuff!

--- In peel@y..., <robfleay@n...> wrote:
> Any relation to Trevor Barker?
>
> How about Jimmy Possession - he does the alternative show on SBN
and whenever I've listened in via the web, he plays a good Peel-esque
mixture. Plus he's reasonably northern-sounding...the thing I can't
bear about Mixing It and The Late Junction on Radio 3 is the posh
home-counties presentation style.

> > Who he?
> >
> > > Personally I'd like to see Steve Barker take over when Peel
retires. I
> > > really enjoyed his shows when I was in the Lancashire area.

----
> > This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for
> > the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or
confidential. If

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/