[peel] Digest Number 420

Tom Roche troche@...
Tue Nov 6 03:11:20 CET 2001

At 1:13 PM +0000 11/4/01, peel@yahoogroups.com wrote:
>It's not such an academic question, with two playings per show, and
>probably over 5000 shows, who gets the royalties, the estate of Elmore
>James or Lloyd Copas?

More research. I went and got a box of papers down from the attic from a trip to London in 1988. On Oct 10 1988 Peel let my wife and me attend a taping of his World Service half-hour show. John gave me his extra typed cue sheet which had also served as his handwritten script. It lists titles and artists of course plus durations and full publishing credits.

Pickin the Blues opened and closed the show (which included Dinosaur Jr, Fugazi, Rev Fred Lane and MC Bam Bam) and publishing credit went to "Copas."

If someone has a website and would like me to scan and send this odd BBC document to post for all to see let me know.

tom