MP3 on yahoo space

Ed Blackmore me@...
Fri Mar 2 19:48:10 CET 2001

> Not wanting to be a wet blanket, but does Ms. Cantrell know about this?
> I suspect not as her record company aren't very keen on the whole mp3
> thing at present.

True, trading mp3 session tracks is theft. But, these are session
tracks, and I would claim promote the artist, rather than reduce
record sales. (For arguments sake i do have LC's album, Not the
trembin' kind"). I have an email from the Cuban Boy's Ricardo
commending me on having his session tracks on napster.

> It's probably unlikely, but if someone objects then it'll me me that gets
> into trouble.

I can't imagine a situation where I'd get in trouble, let alone the
list moderator. There has never been a criminal case brought against
a private individual for software or music theft, ever.

> PS If you volunteer to take the rap, then some of the new stuff from the
> Gary Numan session please!

You're on! I am entirely to blame for everything. Gary Numan is
scheduled for the week after next (would a 2-3 day change over be
better?).

Ed
Ed Blackmore, 3rd Year Computation UMIST